Return to SnapStone.com

Grout
  • I couldn't wait to get this floor but wasted money onit...I was told no tile floor was made to float and it's not my floor or how I grouted it..It is true this does not work tile floors are not made to float I am tearing out my big kitchen floor and putting another one in the way your suppose to...thanks but no thanks never buy this product or would not recommend it...
  • We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your floor. Grout problems are typically a symptom--usually from over washing, or a sub floor that is out of tolerance. There is a repair process and you can find the instructions and a video clip of the repair process on our website. Or, please give us a call at 877-263-5861.
  • I have commented previously with no reply... My grout looks horrible and is cracking and one of my tiles is actually popping up now like it isn't attached to the piece it is connected to. Disappointed
  • We're sorry to hear that you have grout cracking and a broken tile. These are usually symptoms of being installed over a sub floor that does not meet specifications. Please forward some pictures, including a couple of room shots, to info@snapstone.net. Also, please include your contact information. A member of the technical services department will review your pictures and be in contact. Thank you.
  • I installed my floor in the kitchen of a 100 year old house 3 ft off the ground. I installed over a 40 year old tile floor; grouted it and never looked back. After a year not a crack or grout problem. Getting ready to lay another 200 sq ft. Love this product.
  • We're delighted to hear that your floor is performing well for you. Please let us know if we can answer any questions on the installation of your next floor. Thank you!
  • I want to put a sealer on my grout. How long do i have to wait after the grout is applied.
  • Grout sealers were designed for cement-based grouts, which are porous. The sealers were developed to prevent dirt and liquids from penetrating the grout line. SnapStone Flexible Grout is a urethane-based grout, which is not porous, and self-sealing. Applying a sealant would only puddle on top of the grout line, therefore, we don't recommend applying sealants to the grout. If you do apply a sealant, make sure it is compatible with urethane-based grouts and allow the grout to cure for 28 days before applying.
  • Our SnapStone floor was installed by a contractor. Within 6 months grout began to crack. Contractor replaced several tiles at that time. Within another 6 months the grout began to crack in various places over entire floor. Every time I vacuum or sweep, more grout comes out. Our contractor believes he may need to remove entire floor. This would be very costly to both him and me, as it was not inexpensive to begin with. I loved the floor when it was first installed, now I am very disappointed in it. I feel it's been a waste of money because now it may have to be replaced.
  • We are sorry to hear that you are having grout cracking. Grout cracking is a response to something. Grout can be replaced but, if the root cause isn't addressed, the cracking will continue. If you are experiencing grout cracking across the entire floor, then that makes us wonder about an uneven subfloor. Was a straight edge used on the sub floor to identify high and/or low spots that exceeded the flatness requirements? Were sub floor repairs made before installation? If you could forward pictures to info@comcfts.com, and include your name and contact info, and grout and tile colors, we'll forward the pics to our technical services to department to take a look and see if we can help identify the problem. Do you have any left over grout? If you can provide lot # information, that would be helpful, too. Thank you.
  • Thank you for the quick response. Yes, a straight edge was used and sub floor was repaired before installation. Not entire floor is cracking, just in various spots throughout. I will forward pictures and other info requested. Thanks again.