Return to SnapStone.com

to much stuff
  • I am wondering if I can tile half the room grout and then let it set for a day or two then move stuff onto this new tile so that I can tile and grout the other half.
    Ken
  • Normally, we recommend not moving furniture on a floor for at least 28 days, to allow the grout to completely cure. However, if that's not possible, we recommend tiling half, moving your stuff, and completing the tiling. Then, grout half, move your stuff, and completing the grouting. Normally, we recommend no traffic for the first 24 hours, light traffic after 24 hours and regular household traffic after 72 hours. Moving furniture and household items is considered heavier traffic than regular household traffic. Moving furniture before the grout is completely cured may disrupt the curing process where the grout can pull away from the edge of the tile, puncture holes in the grout line, smear grout out of the joints, etc. After you have finished moving your furniture around, you can go back over the disrupted grout areas and touch-up the areas by applying additional grout. Our website has grout repair instructions and video of this process. You can also call us toll free at 877-263-5861 if you have any questions about the process.