Return to SnapStone.com

Tiles cracking!!!
  • I am so disappointed in my snapstone flooring!! I've had my new kitchen for approximately 1 yr now n there are 3 cracked tiles n in another area there is a tile that the grout is pulled out!!! Never again would we ever use this product again. Our kitchen was our last room in our house that my husband had to remodel. We lived in rooms for weeks with the walls in studs n walked on raw wood floors so it's not that he didn't know what he was doing when installing this floor. I just found another cracked tile right along my cupboards near the sink!!! NOT HAPPY!!! Glad it's Sunday n nobody is in the office but I sure will be calling tomorrow!!! Pathetic if you want my opinion. Thousands of dollars in one room n this is the end result....think not!!!
  • We're sorry to hear you have some tile cracking. There are a few reasons why tile will crack: a sub floor that exceeds the tolerance (flatness) requirement, movement in the subfloor, impact cracking from item that are dropped, etc. Please give us a call at 877-263-5861so that we can help diagnose the problem and recommend a solution. Thank you.
  • We are having the same issue. The floor has been in for about a year (professionally installed) and the tiles are cracking and chipping in various places. The floor shouldn't be an issue. We previously had wood laminate and there wasn't a single issue with that flooring! I contacted Snap Stone and they said cracking and chipping is not covered under warranty. I can understand it I have one crack or one chip and it not be covered but I have several! Not a happy customer!
  • We're sorry to hear you have some cracked tiles. Unfortunately, tiles can crack--whether they are traditionally installed or a SnapStone floor. There are many reasons why a tile may crack: subfloor issues, deflection, impact-related, installing a damaged tile, etc. SnapStone has a simplified repair process, compared to traditionally installed tile. Please call our business office at 877-263-5861 and we would be happy to help with your repairs.