Return to SnapStone.com

dull finish
  • we installed the moss colored tile. some of the tile had a dull finish. so we went and got krud kutter. the more we clean the tile the duller it gets.

SnapStone reply:
    Unlike a traditional grout, the "haze" from the SnapStone Flexible Grout is very glossy. If you have any left over tile, you will see that the finish on the Moss tile is relatively "matte". So what you are experiencing is actually cleaning the glossy haze from the tiles.
  • I,to ,did the Krud kutter cleaning.I cleaned al the tiles afterwards with warm water and a clean sponge to see if that dull look would go away.I did one tile at a time.used clean towels and everything.yes.it is dull.it looks terrible.I want that satin shine.how do I get it back.?is this why this product was discontinued?
  • The Krud Kutter removed the shiny, grout haze. The dull finish is the actual matte finish of the tile, which is what you purchased. If you want a shiny finish, you can look into various sealers or waxes. The sealers or waxes should be confirmed to work with urethane grout with their manufacturer. Also, sealers and waxes will wear off over time and, periodically, will need to be stripped and reapplied. This will add additional care and maintenance steps to your floor.

SnapStone is not discontinued but it is not available in all stores as a stocked item. It is stocked in select stores and is also available by special order and online.
  • I was told by HOME DPOT this item did not go over well and has been discontinued
  • I'm sorry you were given inaccurate information. SnapStone is not a stocking item at Home Depot. It has not been discontinued and is available online at www.homedepot.com. I hope this is helpful. Please give us a call at 877-263-5861 if we can help with anything else. Thank you!