Return to SnapStone.com

White marks on Porcelain tile
  • Hi everyone,

I am totally new to this forum so hope the community accept me as a new friend.

I have had my porcelain floor tile just installed, and it took quite sometime after that to remove all the dirt on top of it. after i finished cleaning there were too many white marks all around "like cloudy marks" that they refused to go away no matter what i try. when i touch the tile with my hands it feels rough on those spots compared to the other areas where they feel smooth and they are shiny. Is there a solution to this problem? I wanted to post pictures on here but couldn't find how to do it. Thanks all
  • You are describing some remaining grout haze. Grout haze is a smeared or shiny residue left on the surface of the tile after installation. It can be removed 24 hours after installation.

We recommend using a Scotchbrite mesh pad and a cleaning product called Krud Kutter. The original formula works the best, but other formulas will work, except for the citrus cleaner formula.

Spray Krud Kutter on the mesh pad. Rub the mesh pad on the surface of tile affected by grout haze. If any Krud Kutter gets into the grout lines, remove with a dry cloth or paper towel.

Let the Krud Kutter sit on the tile surface for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, rub the surface of the tile with the Krud Kutter/mesh pad once again, then rinse with clean water and a sponge. Repeat as necessary.

Grout haze removal instructions and a video clip of the process are available on our website, located at this link: http://www.snapstone.com/index.php/already-have-snapstone/repair-instructions.html

Also, please give us a call toll free at 877-263-5861, to clarify, or if you have additional questions. Thank you!

• Our Snapstone tile has been installed for about 8 months. It has the grout haze on it and I see you use Krud Kutter. I've also seen where some suggest Bostik Blaze. I see a few different kinds of Krud Kutter, which is the one to use and will it work on grout residue that's been on it for awhile now?