Return to SnapStone.com

streaks from cleaning
  • Author: Norma
    Date: 3/11/2010 1:11 pm EDT
    I have used a citrus based cleaner or sometimes just plain water-and several different kinds of mops-also hands and knees with a rag- no matter how I do it streaks always appear-what am I doing wrong????
  • Author: chris
    Date: 3/11/2010 4:33 pm EDT
    Sounds like you're doing everything right! What it might be is some residue from the grout. Try using original Krud Kutter. Spray an area (about 4-6 tiles) let it sit for two minutes, then scrub with a white scrub pad, rinse with clean water and towell dry. If it's grout haze this will remove it and your tile will be streak free. If this doesn't do the trick, please let me know. Hope this helps.
  • I actually had alot of hazing after installation.I used the Krud Kutter as I saw on the snap stone video and now my tiles are hazing free yet very dull.what can I do??
  • Grout haze is a shiny grout residue that remains on the surface of the tile after installation. The actual finish of the tile is a matte finish, which is not shiny, and is the original finish in the package. A good comparison is to lay a left-over piece of tile on your floor to observe the actual finish. If you have removed the haze, normal care and maintenance can be followed. Care and maintenance information is available on the website, located at this link: http://www.snapstone.com/care.html
  • Used krud kutter under oven; and it left a dull (no color) finish. Afraid to try to get haze off with that product. What can u get haze off with that leaves the tile in original state. Floor looked great till grout went down.