Return to SnapStone.com

grout on walls
  • Author: brad
    Date: 3/26/2010 10:51 am EDT
    Can the grout used on the floors be used on walls, like in a shower stall for example?

Thanks
    Date: 3/26/2010 11:00 am EDT
    Let me clarify a little.

I ordered camel colored tiles (12x12) without the locking trays for my shower walls. I plan on installing those tiles in the usual manner of thinset on the walls with proper spacing, etc. But, what I would like to know is that since I have done the floor with the snap together tiles and mushroom colored grout, can I use the same grout for the walls?

Thanks
  • Author: chris
    Date: 3/29/2010 1:19 pm EDT
    Yes, the same grout can be used on your floor and shower walls.
  • Author: chris
    Date: 3/29/2010 1:16 pm EDT
    Yes, the urethane grout used in the SnapStone system is a great choice also for traditional tile installations. The grout doesn't need to be sealed and can be used in wet areas like showers.
    Date: 4/23/2010 2:52 pm EDT
    so, how long after it is put in do you have to wait to use the shower? and, it really doesn't need to be sealed?
  • Author: Journeyman
    Date: 5/13/2010 11:56 am EDT
    That particular grout can be problematic when used in showers. It requires an absolute seven days of curing before you can even think about getting it wet for any reason and thirty days before you can flood it.

It may also be problematic when used on verticle surfaces and can not be used (very easily) on ceilings, if at all.

I wouldn't use it in a shower for any reason...there have been issues in the past.